Adam has been providing instrumental tuition for guitar and bass over the last ten years for a variety of music services in London and Surrey.
His experience includes teaching individual and group lessons with students ranging from beginners to diploma level, covering ages as young as six to adults. Adam has experience leading guitar ensembles as well as rock/pop workshops for students performing as bands. Adam is available for private tuition as well.
Lessons are covered for classical, acoustic & electric guitar. Bass & ukulele tuition is also available. Lesson are planned specifically for each student and include popular themes such as:
- Beginners – Learning basic technique, chords, notation & musicianship to cover a wide variety of popular songs
- Intermediate/advanced students – Improving fretboard knowledge, picking and fretting skills, theory, improvising etc
- Grades – Preparing students for graded examinations for Rockschool, ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall covering debut to grade 8
- Learn your songs – For example, the newest Ed Sheeran track, the back catalogue of Guns n Roses or songs of specific genres. Songs can be arranged for chords and/or melody, or full transcriptions
- Songwriting – Help with writing songs, focussing structure, developing ideas etc helpful for GCSE composition pieces or writing your first hit!
- Performing – Tips for performing live whether it’s singing songs or stage presence. Advice offered for gear maintenance and being professional!
Adam teaches his lessons using an iPad, with access to a vast library of material available for lessons, and numerous apps to help with learning. He has the facilities to write out exercises/songs learnt in lessons, which can be emailed to students to practise at home. All lessons will have a form of feedback from Adam, whether this is directly to students/parents or submitted with any e-mailed lesson material.
Here are some examples of the sheets Adam has prepared for lessons in the past.
John Legend – All Of Me – Chord chart arrangement
Lumineers – Ho Hey – Notated melody
Minor Pentatonic Shapes – 1 & 4 – For riffs and improvisation
Tetris Theme – for a bit of fun!
Below are some recent testimonials from students or parents who I currently provide tuition to.
‘Adam has been teaching my son bass guitars for 2 years (16-18 years old), half an hour a week. In that time he has progressed from a complete beginner to grade 6 (Rock School). Adam is very reliable, never missing a lesson, good at communicating via email & text and working the lesson times to suit.
Additional material is often sent via email to help with self-learning between lessons.
My son tells me that lessons are fun and structured to meet requirements, focusing on the elements that need most attention in the playing. There is encouragement to play music from day one, not ages of only practice, this helps keep the focus on why you are learning to play.
Adam is a friendly teacher who my son is enjoying learning with, I have no hesitation in recommending him.’
‘Adam has been teaching one or more of my children the guitar for over 7 years. They thoroughly enjoy the lessons and look forward to seeing Adam. Lessons are fun and geared to keep the children enthused. We all think he is fantastic!’
‘Adam is professional and accommodating at all times and offers great value for money. We are very pleased with our sons progress to date.’
‘As a result of Adam’s excellent tuition, I am more confident in my playing and am much better than I would have been without it. Adam makes my lessons fun as he is always happy to help with any tunes I wish to learn and often suggests music I am interested in.’
Adam is CRB checked, has Public Liability Insurance and all electrical equipment used is regularly PAT tested.
For more information, please contact Adam @ email@example.com